Amy Bublak is a true Leader in Economic development who saved the taxpayers of Turlock over 18 million dollars in Redevelopment Agency money which was prioritized and used locally to pay for:
- Westside Industrial Specific Plan water, sewer & power backbone infrastructure that has attracted numerous large new employers to Turlock resulting in thousands of high paying jobs supporting the local economy.
- Reconstruction of the Carnegie Library and Arts Center
- Construction of the new Public Safety Facility meeting modern standards for emergency communications and temporary confinement facilities
- Columbia Park Pool improvements and addition of a water feature
- Broadway Park improvements and addition of a water feature
- Modernization of Turlock High Schools Joe Debely Stadium
- Walnut Ave BMX Park
Amy Bublak has fought to provide transparent accountability in the expenditure of public funds through:
- Developing accountability standards and requiring audits of private agencies which receive taxpayer funding
- Opening Public/Private business partnerships up for competitive bidding to ensure taxpayers get the best return on publicly owned resources
- Scrutinizing all city-contracts for outside services to ensure accountability to local taxpayers
Amy Bublak has a long history of dedicated community service:
- As a Police Officer for over 2 decades
- As a 3-time Vice-Mayor for the City of Turlock
- As a Turlock City Councilmember since 2008
- As a planning commissioner for the city of Turlock 2006-2008
- As a member of the City of Turlock Arts Commission
- As a member Stanislaus Regional Water Authority
- As a member of the Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCo)
- As a two-time Student Body President at California State University Stanislaus
As your Mayor, we will work together to:
- Grow our income base by creating jobs rather then raising taxes.
- Provide additional funding to improve Public Safety for all residents.
- Allocate General Fund dollars to improve your local roads.
- Stop the Mayor’s plan to double your water rates.
- Create a citizen's service desk for resolving citizen’s issues in a timely manner.